Posts tagged leftist
Posts tagged leftist
Students and parents at a Colorado high school are outraged after administrators turned down their request for a spirit week day honoring America because it might offend non-Americans.
“They said they didn’t want to offend anyone from other countries or immigrants,” a 16-year-old member of the student council told me. “They just really did not want to make anyone feel uncomfortable.”
Good grief. I swear, these type of people must be addicted to stupid pills and spend all of their off time orally satisfying their dealers so they can have their next fix before the dumb wears off.
B-Rock Obama commenting on Obamacare during a recent press conference
This is an even bigger load of lies than usual from this lying ass liar. My insurance company already informed us back in January that, due to Obamacare, our insurance premiums were going up and, once all the regulations (which even they did not know what they would all be) go into effect then our insurance would become “unsustainable” and we would end up losing it.
You people that bought into the “free healthcare” lie are dumber than a box of rocks.
From The Daily Dose:
A student at Florida Atlantic University filed a complaint with the local police, alleging that former Florida Congressman Allen West made her “feel in danger at school” after he pleaded with students to stop bothering his wife when she’s on campus.
“As students, we deserve to feel safe exercising our First Amendment rights to peacefully assemble and express our grievances with the University,” Stephanie Rosendorf of the Florida College Democrats wrote in the complaint obtained by The Raw Story. “These days you never know if a threat on social media is to be taken lightly, and in this case it certainly should not be. Allen West is making me feel in danger at school.”
West wrote a Facebook post directed towards students at the university who have allegedly harassed and stalked his wife, a FAU Board of Trustees member. In his post, the former Congressman said that students “will face” him if they continue to harass his wife.
News Flash, Sparky: When you are harassing and stalking a private citizen, you are no longer “peacefully assembling” or “expressing grievances”…you are being a douche.
Don’t want people making you “feel unsafe” then stop being threatening tools.
This is the same idiot Salon writer who was wishing that the Boston Bomber was a “white American”.
Shocking! A liberal wackjob who wishes that a certain demographic was responsible for cold blooded murder suddenly says you’re a bigot if you consider the Islamic terrorist’s demographic.
What a chuckle head.
…how anything that is being proposed will actually have any affect whatsoever on “gun violence’?
Everything I’m hearing are just expansions on laws already on the books…and which are being ignored by criminals. So how would expanding laws that are already being ignored help anything again?
Please. Enlighten me. Tell me how these new laws will do anything other than punish the law abiding citizen.
Egypt: Mob of Egyptian Men Sexually Assault A Women In Broad Daylight.
So much for that equality and freedom that was supposed to come from that Arab Spring cluster.
And before all of you apologists go on your usual tirade about how this was just “a small number” of men in that group who did this (like you usually do when you don’t have a valid argument to excuse these savages) what about the hundreds, if not thousands, of other men in the area who just stood by and did nothing?
Besides shout, “Allahu Akbar” I mean.
It’s amazing that feminists and liberals still find excuses for these animals despite the perverse, degenerate things they do on a daily basis.
So, as we all know, Sequester kicked in last month and, since then, Obama has been bemoaning the cuts that have been made and makes threats of all the damage that has been done.
But what programs are being cut? The most high profile cases appear to be little more than a game of “I like you-I don’t like you” that Obama gets to play while wearing his Burger King crown and a large red towel clipped at his neck so he can look in the mirror and revel in his Kingliness.
For example, last month it was reported that tuition assistance for military members was being suspended…yet Obama found the money for a St. Patrick’s Day party that included an East Room bash with hundreds of guests and a separate breakfast party at the vice president’s residence.
Then Obama declared that the White House and Vice Presidential residence tours had to be cancelled….you know…because of sequester and what not….but somehow Obama found the money Obama to hold a formal reception for the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and major league soccer champs LA Galaxy on March 26.
Then it was announced the the annual Army Ball was going to have to be cancelled. There just isn’t enough money, don’t you know?
But, yet, the Obamas took in an exclusive viewing in the White House theater of the movie “42,” which chronicles the life of Jackie Robinson, with the film’s cast and crew. Earlier, in the day, Michelle hosted a “42 Film Workshop” for kids in the State Dining Room that featured Harrison Ford.
And now we hear that the annual White House celebration of Jewish American Heritage Month is canceled… but next Tuesday, the Obamas will be treated to a command East Room performance “celebrating” Memphis soul music, with performances by stars like Justin Timberlake and Queen Latifah.
And we won’t even go into all the golf outings, basketball games and personal vacations Obama and his family go on at taxpayer expense.
Next month includes a White House celebration of Cinco de Mayo.
I wonder what programs Obama is going to scrape in order to not only continue his habit of partying as often as possible but also providing him an awesome opportunity to charm and beguile his next big voting block?
Obama: Hacking and slashing so that he can be the Party King.
Three atheist bloggers in Bangladesh were today arrested here on charges of defaming Islam, as the government set up the country’s first cyber crime tribunal to prevent exploitation of religion on the Internet.
The crackdown as well as the announcement came two days after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina pledged stern action against people found guilty of defaming Islam using the Internet.
I have a feeling that there won’t be any arrests for anyone who defames Christianity in that country.
So much for freedom of speech in Islamist ran crap holes.
But, again, like the excusers and apologists always say: It’s their culture so you had better not judge it. Right, whackos?
Time Magazine’s Gay Marriage Cover….
Really? You couldn’t have a classy picture of two same-sex people in wedding clothes, or some other classy situation? Instead you go straight for the sexual angle.
If I was a gay person I’d be pissed that Time only sees me as a sexual object.
1) The Trail of Tears (1838): The first Democrat President, Andrew Jackson and his successor Martin Van Buren, herded Indians into camps, tormented them, burned and pillaged their homes and forced them to relocate with minimal supplies. Thousands died along the way.
2) Democrats Cause The Civil War (1860): The pro-slavery faction of the Democrat Party responded to Abraham Lincoln’s election by seceding, which led to the Civil War.
3) Formation of the KKK (1865): Along with 5 other Confederate veterans, Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest created the KKK.
4) 300 Black Americans Murdered (1868): "Democrats in Opelousas, Louisiana killed nearly 300 blacks who tried to foil an assault on a Republican newspaper editor.”
5) The American Protective League and The Palmer Raids (1919-1921): Under the leadership of Woodrow Wilson, criticizing the government became a crime and a fascist organization, the American Protective League was formed to spy on and even arrest fellow Americans for being insufficiently loyal to the government. More than 100,000 Americans were arrested, with less than 1% of them ever being found guilty of any kind of crime.
6) Democrats Successfully Stop Republicans From Making Lynching A Federal Crime (1922): "The U.S. House adopted Rep. Leonidas Dyer’s (R., Mo.) bill making lynching a federal crime. Filibustering Senate Democrats killed the measure.”
7) The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment (1932-1972): Contrary to what you may have heard, Democrats in Alabama did not give black Americans syphilis. However, the experimenters did know that subjects of the experiment unknowingly had syphilis and even after it was proven that penicillin could be used to effectively treat the disease in 1947, the experiments continued. As a result, a number of the subjects needlessly infected their loved ones and died, when they could have been cured.
8) Japanese Internment Camps (1942): Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt issued an executive order that led to more than 100,000 Japanese Americans being put into "bleak, remote camps surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards."
9) Alger Hiss Convicted Of Perjury (1950): Hiss, who helped advise FDR at Yalta and was strongly defended by the Left, turned out to be a Soviet spy. He was convicted of perjury in 1950 (Sadly, the statute of limitations on espionage had run out), but was defended by liberals for decades until the Verona papers proved so conclusively that he was guilty that even most his fellow liberals couldn’t continue to deny it.
10) The West Virgina Democrat primary is rigged by John F. Kennedy (1960): From an interview with the late, great Robert Novak.
John Hawkins: You also said that without question, John F. Kennedy rigged the West Virginia Democratic primary in (1960), but that the Wall Street Journal killed the story. Do you think that sort of thing is still occurring with great regularity and do you wish the Journal had reported the story when it happened?
Robert Novak: In my opinion, they should have. They sent two reporters down to West Virginia for six weeks and they came back with a carefully documented story on voter fraud in West Virginia, buying votes, and how he beat Humphrey in the primary and therefore got the nomination. But, Ed Kilgore, the President of Dow Jones and publisher of the Wall Street Journal, a very conservative man, said it wasn’t the business of the Wall Street Journal to decide the nominee of the Democratic Party and he killed the story. That story didn’t come out for many, many years — 30-40 years. It was kept secret all that time.
11) The Bay of Pigs (1961): After training a Cuban militia to overthrow Castro, Kennedy got cold feet and didn’t give the men all the air support they were promised. As a result, they were easily defeated by Castro’s men and today, Cuba is still ruled by a hostile, anti-American dictatorship.
12) Fire Hoses And Attack Dogs Used On Children (1963): Birmingham, Alabama’s notorious Commissioner of Public Safety, Democrat Bull Connor, used attack dogs and fire hoses on children and teenagers marching for civil rights. Ultimately, thousands of them would also be arrested.
13) Stand In The Schoolhouse Door (1963): Democrat George Wallace gave his notorious speech against integrating schools at the University of Alabama in which he said, “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.”
14) Escalation In Vietnam (1964): Lyndon Johnson dramatically escalated our troops’ presence in Vietnam while he simultaneously put political restrictions in place that made the war unwinnable. As a result, 58,000 Americans died in a war that ultimately achieved none of its aims.
15) Chappaquiddick (1969): The Democrats’ beloved “Liberal Lion” of the Senate, Ted Kennedy ran off the road into a tidal pool with passenger Mary Jo Kopechne in the car. Kennedy swam free and then spent 9 hours plotting how he would reveal the news to the press while she slowly suffocated to death.
16) Democrats Deliver South Vietnam To The North (1975): "In 1975, when there were no Americans left in Vietnam, the left wing of the Democratic Party killed the government of South Vietnam, cut off all of its funding, cut off all of its ammunition, and sent a signal to the world that the United States had abandoned its allies." — Newt Gingrich
17) The Iranian Hostage Crisis (1979-1981): 52 Americans were held hostage by the government of Iran for 444 days. After Jimmy Carter’s disastrous, failed rescue attempt, the hostages were finally released after Ronald Reagan’s inaugural address.
18) Bill Clinton turns down Osama Bin Laden (1996): In Bill Clinton’s own words, “‘Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America.’ — Bill Clinton explains to a Long Island, N.Y., business group why he turned down Sudan’s offer to extradite Osama Bin Laden to America in 1996.” Had Bill Clinton accepted Sudan’s offer, 9/11 would have likely never happened.
19) Bill Clinton was impeached (1998): Clinton became only the 2nd President in American history to be impeached after he lied under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky.
20) America loses its AAA credit rating (2011): The United States was first given its AAA credit in 1917, but it couldn’t survive Barack Obama’s record breaking spending. In 2011, America lost its AAA credit rating.
A politician who celebrated the 9/11 attacks on the U.S. gets the ‘key’ to Long Island’s Nassau County.
Like many New York City bedroom communities, the Village of Freeport on Long Island lost its share of loved ones—including police and firefighters—on 9/11. Over 340 people from Nassau County were killed in the attacks.
In the aftermath of the horror, messages of sympathy poured in from democracies around the world. But there were a few exceptions. One occurred days after the crisis when El Salvador’s far-left Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN) political party turned a street rally in San Salvador into a celebration of the carnage. The leader of those festivities, which included burning the American flag, was a former Soviet-backed guerrilla commander by the name of Salvador Sánchez Cerén.
It is no surprise then that many Nassau County residents were furious when they learned, earlier this month, that their politicians were fêting Mr. Sánchez Cerén in their own backyard as part of the county’s observation of Salvadoran-American Day. The controversy that ensued threw Mr. Sánchez Cerén’s New York hosts into full-blown damage control as they struggled to convince their constituents that they had no idea who their guest of honor really is.
So these dingleberries had no idea who Sanchez Ceren was but they invited him as a guest of honor anyway. What did they do? Open a Salvadoran telephone book and pick the name that was in bold print?
I understand we’re talking liberal New York where political correctness trumps intelligence and common sense but….c’mon!…it doesn’t take that much effort to research someone.
Michael Musto, the Village Voice’s longtime nightlife columnist, wrote on his blog today that the gay Republican group GOProud are like “Jewish Nazis” or “Black Klan members” because of their endorsement of Mitt Romney.
So, here’s to you and your bizarre contradictions, GoProud.
You’re like Jewish Nazis!
Black Klan members!
Women who campaign for Rush Limbaugh
Roaches who moonlight as exterminators!
Blech, go away.
Many in the gay community have criticized GOProud for the endorsement; Musto follows advice columnist Dan Savage in calling out GOProud in a particularly controversial manner. Savage tweeted last week, “The GOP’s house faggots grab their ankles, right on cue. Pathetic.”
More of the left’s accepting, open-minded, tolerance.
According to Kurtz, on June 11, around 40 people actually marched on Kernighan’s home, at least one person carrying a pitchfork, and rang her bell. Kernighan apparently wasn’t home. This seemed to stymie the Occupiers. So they made speeches to themselves, burned an American flag, sang “fuck you America”, and then walked dejectedly home again.
[…]To be effective, a new set of institutions would have to be imbued with heavy-handed, transnational enforcement powers. There would have to be consideration of some way of embracing head-in-the-cloud answers to social problems that are usually dismissed by policymakers as academic naivete. In principle, species-wide alteration in basic human behaviors would be a sine qua non, but that kind of pronouncement also profoundly strains credibility in the chaos of the political sphere. Some of the things that would need to be contemplated: How do we overcome our hard-wired tendency to “discount” the future: valuing what we have today more than what we might receive tomorrow? Would any institution be capable of instilling a permanent crisis mentality lasting decades, if not centuries? How do we create new institutions with enforcement powers way beyond the current mandate of the U.N.? Could we ensure against a malevolent dictator who might abuse the power of such organizations?
Behavioral economics and other forward-looking disciplines in the social sciences try to grapple with weighty questions. But they have never taken on a challenge of this scale, recruiting all seven billion of us to act in unison. The ability to sustain change globally across the entire human population over periods far beyond anything ever attempted would appear to push the relevant objectives well beyond the realm of the attainable. If we are ever to cope with climate change in any fundamental way, radical solutions on the social side are where we must focus, though.