The unemployment rate: 6.8 percent then, 8.2 percent now and rising in at least 22 states.
The national poverty rate: 13.2 percent then, 15.1 percent now.
Americans on food stamps: 30.9 million then, 44.7 million now.
A gallon of regular gasoline: $2.40 then, $3.60 now.
Homeownership rate: 67.8 percent then, 65.4 percent now.
The percentage of Americans without health insurance: 16 percent then, 17.7 percent now.
America’s median household income: $50,203 then, $49,445 now.
The number of Americans participating in the labor force: 65.8 percent then, but now down to 63.8 percent because millions of discouraged job seekers have stopped looking for work.
The annual budget deficit: $459 billion in fiscal 2008, but $1.32 trillion in fiscal 2012.
The federal debt: $10.57 trillion then, $15.69 trillion now.
The number of civilian federal employees: 2.67 million then, 2.75 million now.
Are you better off now than you were four years ago?
- thelamplightersserenade likes this
- nooowhhhyyyy reblogged this from leftybegone
- mylifetheultimaterollercoaster likes this
- alsson reblogged this from leftybegone and added:
- crispyfishsticks likes this
- homocon reblogged this from conservativebrew
- the-first-victory reblogged this from conservativebrew
- conservativebrew reblogged this from nomosshere
- surpriseitsthevoiceofreason reblogged this from leftybegone
- brooksbrothersrepublican reblogged this from leftybegone
- fluteforchrist reblogged this from leftybegone
- nomosshere likes this
- pipius likes this
- sirsammichman likes this
- optimistically-hopeless reblogged this from leftybegone
- optimistically-hopeless likes this